According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, one lip injection procedure is performed every 20 seconds. Every 20 seconds! Perhaps the popularity of lip injections has got you wondering: “Are lip injections right for me? How does a lip injection even work?”
If you’re unhappy with your flat or thin lips, visit Dr. Suri at West Coast Aesthetics and Veins for dermal fillers that will give you the plump lips you’ve always wanted.
Why you might need dermal fillers
There are two reasons why you might want to enhance the appearance of your lips:
- Collagen loss contributed to thin lips: As you age, the body naturally produces less collagen. As a result, you may notice that your lips lose volume over the years. You may even notice thin vertical lines appear on your lips as well.
- You have naturally thin lips unrelated to aging.
Part of what makes dermal fillers so alluring is that they can enhance lips whether they are thin due to aging or just naturally thin. From smoothing fine lines to adding volume, dermal fillers are a one-stop-shop for rejuvenating the appearance of your lips.
How dermal fillers improve the appearance of your lips
There are many different types of dermal fillers, and each one is specialized for unique treatments. When it comes to lip injections, hyaluronic acid-based fillers are the go-to. Both Juvéderm and Restylane offer hyaluronic acid fillers intended to plump up the lips. Hyaluronic acid may sound intimidating, but this acid is naturally produced by your body. It acts like a sponge, soaking up moisture. For this reason, dermal fillers composed of hyaluronic acid are ideal for restoring volume in the lips.
Hyaluronic is a smooth gel that provides you with two very important benefits:
- Kissable, soft lips – no hard lumps!
- Lips that look naturally volumized
In addition to restoring volume to your lips, dermal fillers can also decrease those fine lines on your lips. For instance, Juvéderm Volbella XC adds volume while smoothing out those vertical lip lines. On the other hand, Juvéderm Ultra XC plumps up lips and adds fullness.
Not sure which filler is best for your lips? Dr. Suri can suggest the right filler for your needs during your consultation.
What is the process like?
Unlike surgical procedures, lip injections are relatively quick – under 30 minutes! In fact, the whole process of receiving dermal filler injections is much easier than planning either a fat graft or lip augmentation.
Here’s what to expect:
- Consultation: This is your chance to discuss your goals with Dr. Suri and his team. Dr. Suri will make sure you receive the right amount of filler so that your lips are plump but still natural-looking.
- Comfort: Topical numbing cream to make the experience much more comfortable.
- The procedure: Injections are administered. You may have slight bruising for a few days, but this side effect should subside quickly.
- See results: Results are immediate, with the final results visible within two weeks.
Curious how long your pouty lips will last? The good news is that results are proven to last up to one full year!
To learn more about dermal fillers, call West Coast Aesthetics and Veins or book an appointment with the online scheduling tool.